Monday, September 26, 2011

A few quick notes on Tags

Since I intend to write about so many different teams and sports, I'll frequently tag posts I've written to make it easier for you to find items of interest to you, such as certain frequent columns (like Top 25's, Top 5 lists, Power Rankings, Bracketology, etc.)
For common and recurring articles, I'll use the sport codes (see below) and the the name of the column. So for my NCAA Football Top 25 poll, I will tag it CFB Top 25. For an NFL Power Rankings post, it'll be tagged NFL Power Rankings This will make it much easier to differentiate between the college sports' Top 25 lists.

Team names and players will be spelled out in their entirety to avoid confusion. For example, I'll use 'Arizona Wildcats' to tag them instead of just 'Arizona' because that could mean the Diamondbacks or Cardinals. I won't abbreviate team names in tags either.


The key is as follows:
CFB = College Football
CBB = Men's College Basketball
NFL = National Football League
NBA = National Basketball Association
MLB = Major League Baseball


I will only tag specific teams when the article specifically deals with that team or a player or players on that team specifically. (for example, if I write about AFC East Quarterbacks, I'll tag the post with "Tom Brady, New England Patriots, Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins, Mark Sanchez, New York Jets, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills")

Pretty simple. Hopefully this will make the blog much easier to follow along with.

1 comment: